Saturday, October 4, 2008

Letter to my lost love

Note: Before commencing with this letter I would like to convey to my readers that the situation about which I am going to write about is one that is most likely experienced by many. This occurence has really shaped the course of my life, and brought out the best and worst in me. To the person to whom I am referring if you ever read this please know that all negative emotions have dissapated and i wish you all the best for the future. This saga happened in the past and the letter is one I wrote one year ago. To the readers, the story did not end as Hollywood would have it, but I have gleaned much wisdom from it and hence would never wish it otherwise.For those of you in similar situations, my advice is to trust in your love and if it is meant to be nothing will come between you.

Dear X

I am half agony, half hope. Do not say that I am too late, that such precious feelings have been lost through the course of a few years. I have always loved you and always will. I think and plan only for you, and it was because of you that I came to my senses. Can you not see this? Do you fail to understand what it is I want?

I would not have waited even these last few weeks to speak if only I could have guessed your feelings as I am sure you have guessed mine. Your voice sinks and I can hear every syllable when others cannot. You are too good too true , you do believe that love can overcome all circumstances.

I offer myself to you again, with a heart which is even more your own than when you almost broke it three years before. I must go now uncertain of my fate, but I will seek you out. A look, a smile will be enough to know whether I enter your father's house tomorrow-or never.
Sincerely
Shazaad

1 comment:

Shaheed said...

You speak of something that most of us go through in our lives, and something the rest all strive for. A very pure love! I think we can all learn from the way you handled the situation. We learn from our past and although we might wonder how the road not taken might have turned out, we grow from these experiences and should never regret. One of the hardest things in life is to regret!